Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Lawless Movie Review


I will give a short review of the new movie Lawless in today’s blog. First of all I will confess I am a huge Shia LaBeouf fan. I loved the movie Holes and Mr. Labeouf played an amazing role in that movie. The movie Lawless is based on Matt Bondurant's 2008 novel The Wettest County in the World about his grandfather and great-uncles in Prohibition-era Franklin County, Virginia. I am from the south and I’ve always found the Prohibition era interesting. This movie has a lot to offer from “country style” fights to “Chicago gangster” Tommy gun fights with a love story added for an interesting twist. This is a movie that you can see with your “bros” but you can also bring your “special friend” because of the depth. The ending of this movie is intense but has a since of irony too it as well. I obviously can’t give details because I don’t want to ruin it for you. But I certainly recommend spending the money to see this in the theaters.
-Will Harbin

No comments:

Post a Comment