Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My top 3 favorite Christmas songs

My top 3 favorite Christmas songs:
I know that we haven’t even celebrated Thanksgiving yet, but for some reason I am super excited for Christmas this year. First comes the cold weather and then comes the Holliday music. I hope I can spread a little early Christmas spirit!  

3. The Grinch Theme song
This song was originally written and composed for the 1966 cartoon special How the Grinch Stole Christmas! The lyrics were written by Theodor "Dr. Seuss" Geisel, the music was composed by Albert Hague, and the song was performed by Thurl Ravenscroft. I love the movie, but especially love the theme song!


 2.  'Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!' By: Dean Martin
Since we don’t get a ton of snow in the Gaston County area I use this song as a type of “rain dance” but obviously for snow! The song was written by Sammy Cahn and Jule Styne in 1945 on one of the hottest July days recorded in Hollywood. The love tune never once mentions Christmas albeit the seasonal lyrics and holiday ambiance.


1.       'Have a Holly Jolly Christmas' By: Burl Ives
This song is my all-time favorite. It always puts me in a great mood and helps me through the hectic times during the Holliday season. This Christmas song was written by American songwriter Johnny Marks, who wrote other contemporary Christmas hits such as 'Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer,' 'I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day' and 'Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree.'

No comments:

Post a Comment